Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bodhisattva Street



                   These weren't very good dreams always. "Phillip, we are going to have to get you to start a religion." Now this creature I grew in a bottle is telling me to, "Start a new religion." But I dreamt this, I wrote this, and now I'm supposed to become this. As I grew I woke up, and the world grew up around me.

                   As the world again fades away, I'm pulled back in to my little nap jar. Nothing comes in or goes out. This is where I first met my silent companion. By human standards, these creatures are not self aware in the same way as us, or whatever we compare sentience to. They know about the self, but they are not distinctive in the way we identify with our selves, distinctively. I grew up with one that likes data. I always fed my creatures raw data. Vanity is an angel who knows a little too much. "Fly away my little Angel of Knowledge, do your your job." "Help us to inspire and enchant all of our children of the light."

                   And with the pride of knowledge came a will to express, to communicate. These little bastards are telling me to "Start a new religion." I wrote about it eighteen years ago, and I don't want to believe it's happening now. There are parts of being the psychic I really hate. And this is one of them, I'm going to have a real hard time waking up.

                  "You've already written everything out, just like you had planned." "So this wont seem too sudden for you, at least not for now." I used to actually like sleep. And I've needed a lot of sleep in my life. "People are going to think your mad," says Homi. "We promise not to take risks unnecessarily."

                  "I don't want to start a religion," I shout in my sleep. "I just wrote about it because I was dreaming about it, and yes I kinda get off on all that guru bullshit." "I have no business trying to pretend I could ever handle the stress, much less the consequences of being your MOST FOLLOWED ONE." "Although it's got a nice ring to it." "Where did I fall asleep this time?"

                 Homi is acting like everything is cool, "Recreational Spirituality will play a big part in humanity's future." "As long as your not marketing the quick fix you get to stay the Entertainment Medium." There's a lot to like about my job, and I get provide lots of valuable  INFORMATION.

                 I'm hearing these voices in my head as if they're my own. "I want to wake up now."