Monday, April 14, 2014

Spiritual Technicians in the Future

Saturday, September 28, 2013

       Spiritual Technicians in the Future



                   Once we opened the doors of Spiritual Tech University, the template for the spiritually engineered future started making good sense to most everybody. Everyone wants to enroll in my Mutual Support Systems Workshop. Feeling good turned out to be a highly marketable commodity. Many of my followers felt they had been seduced by the pretty language of Spirit Tech. But once people got passed the obvious "Carny" flavor of my Entertainment Mediumship, I was forgiven. My desire to take "Complementarity" out on the road, and reveal it's an indomitable utility, predisposed me to take some risks with my professional persona. Looking back over the future that I predicted, I could see that I would be doing the best I could. My views into the future were favorable and, therefore, I needed to find a way to get the good news out. Most large corporations had become cults by the time this happens.

                    Gunter and Gretchen had battled against each other for the hearts, minds, souls, and dollars of the new trans-global spiritual intelligentsia. When I'd landed in Belgium, Gretchen knew I would show up. I wasn't going to allow our copyrights to go to the patent courts. I was greeted at the airport by a somewhat surly but attractive cadre of "Oraca" goons. I was talking to "X" InterSpace graduates, each one a master of engineered religious games. I immediately recognized two of them as old friends. But they no longer acted like they knew me. When I called them by their names, they glared and whisked me off to the trams and said nothing. I could see that I was too late to extract these new members. I would have to focus on the people who once loved each other before they became mega-corporate. I find it ironic that my work, which had been designed to help protect people from the purely subjective, had come to ignore most of what they marketed to very receptive clientele. I wanted to avoid my work being misused and perverted, causing the erosion of the human will. I had performed many extractions from cults and corporations, far more nefarious than Oraca. But this time looked like a fool's errand. I've always been able to escape in the past, but this was the first time I've had to question my methods. I was frightened.

                   When we arrived at the compound, I was instructed to give up my phone set and passport, and that I would not be able to leave until things were straightened out. I saw Gretchen waiting in the lobby and for a brief moment. I thought she was happy to see me. And then she did something completely out of character. She apologized for the inconvenience of detouring me from my hotel reservation. I saw a scowl on the face of one of her converts. She said, "The compound has all the finest accommodations." and that I would be made very comfortable. My plane got me here just in time for dinner. So, I was assured of a deliciously nutritious meal. I'd also get to talk with Gretchen. I missed her. But then she unapologetically removed herself without even a glance. I wondered if I had just seen the real her at all. I hadn't gotten to check in with Gunter, and I knew that this would bother him very much.

                   Now if you remember, I am telling you about this little tale of spiritual fiction some eighteen years in the past, or from today, which is only Nov the 19th, 2013. Not Apr 23rd, 2031. I can remember what's going to happen perfectly because I've already lived it. I'm sorry if the past tenses and the future tenses are a little turned around. I will tell you more about what happens that evening in the next test post. Please excuse the total rearrangement of my blog. I hope this is an enjoyable time trip for you.