Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Work With What We Got


                   I chid Jennifer for not letting me know who she was when she first approached me this morning. It mattered not. "What other surprises do you have for me?" "I still don't get it much of the time."

                   I feel a massive presence from behind, not unpleasant but still threatening. It's Carl and he's not happy, "Jennifer?" "Is that you?" Tones vulnerable and perturbed. "What are you doing here, Phillip do not trust this woman." I know now, this is the same Jennifer that somehow ripped this big gorillas gentle heart out. I politely evaporate from between them.

                   "Please excuse us," Says Jennifer apologetically. "I'll have to get back to you later but I need to get Carl to chill out." In understated familiarity, the two of them go at it like bad dogs. What happened between the two of them, I don't care.

                   A little free time, what am I to do? I need to go back to the states. I hate travel, I always have these seizures when I'm tired and I hate the hallucinations that preclude a phase shift of realities. The sun has come out again outside the lobby and although the cold new wind has a mind of it's own, I sneak by the quietly quarreling couple back into the waning daylight. The last time I walked out these doors, I was scammed with that false abduction. These are supposed to be my friends? I'm exhausted and I again can't wake up. I see myself back home at my computers, but it's not my home and these are not my computers.

                  Another airport shuttle pulls up on the street in front of me. I think someone here at Oraca is trying to get rid of me. Or maybe this is just mercy. I climb in. The driver turns around, but again I can see no face. "Would you like to go home Mr. Johnson?" "I have your passport here for you and I hate to think what is going to happen to you if we don't get you home quick." The voice sounds soothing and familiar but I can't focus. I nod affirmatively and fall into another fugue state. At my keyboard I'm seeing these strange characters in a language I can't recognize.

                  "I'm sorry we had to send you home so abruptly Phillip, but we can't have you dying now and certainly not away from your home" Gretchen appears on my screen speaking a strange language I do not know, but I understand perfectly. I'm flabbergasted. I only vaguely remember being loaded onto a plane. "We needed to get you to give us Homi's code and we knew you had non intention of starting Our new religion." "Out of the Bottle and Into the Cloud, isn't that what you wrote?" "We're just following your orders." "Please don't hate us Phillip, Gunter and I knew of no other way to get our copyright back than to use you this way." "You have no idea what you have done for us and humanity, but you would have just gotten in our way." She hangs up without even a good bye, reminds me of being at home. And I'm also very hungry, but where am I? Will I even like the food? Just like home.